by Rick Walter
In 1 Samuel 6:20-7:1, we find the story of the Philistines returning the Ark of God to the people of Israel. The men of Beth-shemesh were excited at first, but then because of their disobedience of looking inside of it, the Lord killed over fifty-thousand of them. All of a sudden, they no longer wanted the Ark. They sent out the message that if anybody wanted it to come and get it. It wasn’t long before the people of Kirjath-jearim came and got it.
As I read 1 Samuel 6:20 – 7:1, I couldn’t help but think of soul winning. There seems to be many who do not want the truth of the Gospel, but there is always someone else out there who does.
Just look at the path of the Ark. The Philistines didn’t want it, but the men of Beth-shemesh did. Then, the men of Bethshemesh did not want it, but the people of Kirjath-jearim did. David didn’t want it because Uzzah died, but Obed-edom wanted it. It has always been that way.
As you go soul winning, you will definitely meet those who do not want what you have to offer, but don’t allow that to discourage you. Just down the road there is someone who does want it. That means there are several things to keep in mind.
- The sooner we find the one who doesn’t want the Gospel, the sooner you find the one who does.
- The more people you talk to, the more people you will find who want what you have to offer.
- The more people you find who want what you have to offer, the more people who will trust Christ.
- The more who trust Christ means the more people in Heaven one day.
- The more people in Heaven means the quicker the rapture takes place.
- The sooner the rapture takes place, the sooner we get to leave this world.
- The sooner we leave this world, the sooner those who did not want it can get rid of us.
- The sooner they can get rid of us, the happier they will be.
- By going soul winning we can make everyone happy!
by Rick Walter
Original article can be found at http://oldpathsjournal.com/2013/08/30/how-to-make-everybody-happy/