Friday, June 14, 2024

Stop Being Lazy & Get OFF Welfare Now!

Spiritual welfare that is…….

There is a saying that goes:

Most church members are 100% willing; 20% willing to do the work, and the other 80% are willing to let them.Click To Tweet

While many people joke about this, this is a sad but true reality of today’s churches.

In all honesty, that is the equivalent of being on welfare. Churches are surviving in a “welfare” state because too many Christians sit back and want someone else to do the work.

If you’re not helping with anything at church, yet reaping the benefits from the other church members work, you are on “spiritual” welfare.

You don’t go soul winning, but reap the benefit of having and attending a soul-winning church.
You don’t work a bus route, but reap the benefits of having one.
You don’t bring anything to church-wide activities, but you reap the benefits of what everyone else brought.
You don’t pray for or help your Pastor, but you reap the benefits of his counseling and wisdom when you need it.
You don’t tithe (we’ll just stop there for a while), but you reap the benefits of having a church building to go to and a pastor when you need him.

There are many more, yet you sit back and reap the benefits of other peoples work.  It is time to do something about it.

Before you get all wound-up, I’m not talking about people that physically or mentally can’t do these things.  

This is for every able body Christian that is capable of doing something, but doesn’t.  

“Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.”

Ephesians 4:28

So How Do I Get OFF Spiritual Welfare?

I’m glad you asked.  In fact, it’s pretty easy to do. Here are a couple of ways that you can start:

  • Join a bus route.
  • Pray for your Pastor.
  • Go soul-winning (visitation or whatever your church calls it).
  • Teach a Sunday School class.
  • Get involved with children’s ministries.
  • Get involved in social media for the church.
  • Volunteer your time a the church (cleaning, preparing for an event, etc…..).
  • Start a new ministry
  • Tithe

These are just a few, but as you can see there are many ways that you can move from the 80% that don’t work, to the 20% that do work.

The easiest way to get started today, honestly, is to just ask your Pastor.  Write him a note, give him a call, whatever you have to do to let him know that you are available to help.

Ask him what needs done.

How encouraged would he, and the few that do the work, be to know that there is someone else that is ready and willing to help?

You have the capability of doing great things for God.  You just have to start somewhere!

What will you do?  Decide that today is the day that you get off of “spiritual” welfare, and start doing something for God.

by Howard Taylor

Related Articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected


Articles For You...